Saturday, July 4, 2009

5/18/09 - Monday

Shirt: Izod / Tie: Barneys / Belt: GAP/ Pants: Michael Brandon



This outfit was thrown together rather hastily. This tends to happen when sleep receives priority on any given morning ;-) Anyway, when you don’t have much time to put an outfit together, you look for staples that will always work. In the corporate world that would be either black or khaki slacks and the obligatory light blue dress shirt. How did this color become the defacto hue for corporate goons, anyway? Why not light yellow or light green? I digress. The aforementioned pants/shirt combo can never go wrong, pair it with a dark/bold tie and you are (usually) good to go.

More on the outfit:

The ever so reliable black slacks were called to duty again. These are the pants you go to in the fourth quarter, when you have to rely on your starters to produce. The outfit is pretty cheap as I got both the pants and shirt from Ross. I got the tie (Barneys -New York) from a co-worker. It ends up being a good thing because I don’t think I would have bought it on my own. Not that it necessarily looks bad; I just would not have gone out and purchased it on my own. Quality is top notch though. The material is 100% silk, hand made in Italy. I'll take more such freebies in future, thank-you much...



No comments:

Post a Comment