Sunday, October 25, 2009

8/31/09 - Monday

Shirt: GAP / Belt: GAP / Pants: Dockers - RIP (literally, as well as figuratively)



Disaster struck today.

Of epic proportions, lol.

My pants ripped. Yes ripped at the seams. It wasn't a small rip either It was revealing enough that innocent bystanders would have been able to see the color/brand/texture of my undergarments had I not noticed it first. The fallout would have been devastating, I'm sure.

I guess I could have conveniently left this story out, changed pants and posted pics of my new outfit, but I want to use this as an opportunity for you to learn from my misfortune. What caused the tear I really don't know, but towards the end of the day I started to feel an unwelcome "draft" and knew what time it was. I grabbed a stapler (hey I had to get resourceful) and then proceeded to literally back my way to the office restroom (insert played prison joke here). The staple-job didn't quite work out so I ended up wrapping a sweater around my waist and strolling out of the office.

Moral of the story: As much as you try to avoid them, wardrobe malfunctions can strike at anytime to anyone. And just like in business (and life in general), resourcefulness can almost always get you out of such uncomfortable situations.

* Let us please have a moment of silence for the slacks that fell (or tore) during their tour of duty which, up until then, had served admiringly in protecting co-workers from seeing my drawers.

No comments:

Post a Comment